Being a woman is not an easy task. Living in a sexist society multiplies the difficulties of being a woman. But sometimes, we have minor reasons that make us enjoy the little things. We’ve listed a number of reasons why it is cool to be a woman.
There are definitely perks to being a woman. If we say it’s all sexism, misogyny and oppression, it would be a lie. There are certainly reasons why we find that being a woman is cool.
If it’s wearing skirts in summer so your legs don’t have to suffer from skinny jeans’ sweat, or having the ability to give birth, we have certain advantages that men don’t.
Statistics back many of the arguments, but most come from personal experiences. So, why is it cool being a woman?
Being a woman: medical reasons why it is cool
- It’s a common fact that women live longer than men. But why? For every 100 females, 105 males are born. The average life expectancy of a man in the US is 73.4, whereas the average life expectancy of a woman is 80.1 years.
In France, women live 7.8 years longer than men and 5.3 in the UK. Women live 12 years longer than men in Russia. In countries like India and Bangladesh, the difference is minor: 0.1 year. This doesn’t come from biological differences only, but social factors as well.
According to Bertrand Desjardins (a researcher in the demography department of the University of Montreal), women tend to engage in fewer bad behavior that deteriorates their health than men.
- Women also have biological advantages. During the first year of life, with no influences on the people, the mortality rate of males is 25-30%. The X chromosome also comes to our aid. When a mutation occurs, we have another X chromosome to compensate.
Women also have better resistance to biological aging. Female hormones and the ability to give birth is associated with living longer. Estrogens can provide somewhat protection against heart diseases. Another research indicates that women are 14% more likely to survive in a critical accident than men.
The growing rates of male mortality in industrial countries are justified by exposure to workplace hazards, alcoholism, smoking and road accidents.
But women also smoke cigarettes, you might ask, why are men more likely to die? Male smokers tend to smoke more than women according to statistics. The same source claims that men drive more recklessly than women. The next time someone says women can’t drive, show them the facts.
- Another medical reason why it is cool being a woman is that we are less likely to develop melanoma. Melanoma is a type of cancer that typically occurs in the skin, but may rarely occur in the mouth, intestines, or eye. According to Health Day, “women can expect a 30 percent better outcome than men following an early stage melanoma diagnosis.”
- Women have high tolerance for pain. We can give birth and then repeat it over and over again.
Being a woman: intellectual reasons why it is cool
According to statistics, women do better at school. We’re more likely to complete higher education, have higher IQs and do better at school in general.
A theory states why women have higher scores on IQ tests is because they had not realized their potential before. Discrimination and gender-based differences in education had been setbacks to women in the past and continuing being so in many societies.
Science has also proven that women make more effective leaders than men. Although underrepresented in higher positions, women are equally good and even slightly better than men. According to Business Insider, women are great at taking initiative, displaying integrity and honesty and driving for results. Basically, we get things done.
Statistics also show that women are good with money. Their investments are smart, have high credit scores and less debt. This is probably linked to the fact that women make less money than men, which forces them to be more informed of making smart financial decisions.
Research has also shown that women have excellent communication skills. It shows that men have a weaker command of language in social situations. The overuse of the same word is also noted in men’s speech. Women are linked to having a wider variety of words and pay more convincing compliments.
Being a woman: everyday reasons why it is cool
- For the longest time, people were afraid of the “F” word: feminism. Now is the best time for you to become a feminist. People are finally understanding that it is not a dirty word and does not preach the superiority of women. Feminism is equality, and we have more equal opportunities now than we did 10 years ago.
- Why do women have bigger wardrobes than men? Because we have a larger variety of options. We have more choices to pick from. We enjoy a more colorful closet than men. This point can be proven if you watch a red carpet event. Men have a more standard look, whereas women have more freedom. Women can even wear men’s clothes with less judgement and criticism.
- Speaking of clothes, summer weddings are great but also the worst for men. Why? Women get to wear a flowy dress, whereas men suffer from wearing a 3-piece outfit in the heat. If that’s not an advantage then I don’t know what is.
- Women also get to have a wider variety of hairstyles. Since patriarchy insists that a man must be a man, it limits them from enjoying cool hairstyles. We have more freedom to get creative with our hairstyles.
- Women are not afraid to be emotional. For some senseless reason, being sensitive is associated with being weak. People are not robots, if we were, we wouldn’t experience any feelings. Men are taught to conceal or control them or else they’re a sissy. Emotions are for everyone. It’s okay to cry when Marley died.
- According to a study, we are great multitaskers. We are quick at switching tasks or completing 2 tasks simultaneously. We can be parents, spouses and work at the same time just as we can smash patriarchy while getting a facial.
- We don’t have to worry about getting bald either. Of course, there are cases where women suffer from balding, but overall, men are the targeted sex. We’ll just sit back and brush our hair while balding men polish their shiny heads (bald is sexy).
- Women are more aware of their bodies and are less likely to allow comments to bother them. Men, on the other hand, feel the need to prove. If a person makes an obscene comment on a woman’s lack of sexual organs, she is more likely to deal with in maturely than men.
Being a woman: practical reasons why it is cool
- Ever needed a taxi, but couldn’t find one? Taxi drivers are more likely to stop for women before they hail a cab. The reason behind it is creepy, but when you’re in a rush, they come to our help faster than calling an Uber.
- Among practical reasons why it is cool being a woman is that we have nicer toilets. I mean, come on, we all like a decent place to do our thing. Some toilets even look like hotel suites!
- One of the greatest reasons why being a woman is more than cool is that we get to experience multiple orgasms. But in order to achieve that, it takes a while. Here arises another advantage, women do not have to wait as long as men when trying to have an orgasm.
- Everybody likes to party. But women have an advantage: talking to random girls isn’t considered creepy when women do it. Why is this important? Because one day, you’ll wake up hungover trying to remember a drunken conversation you had the previous night because drunk people offer great advice.
- Women are great listeners, which is why we are better at gifting things. We catch on the tiny details of a person and give more personalized presents than general ones.
- We know the solution to solving any personal issues: food and chocolate. You don’t even have to hint it, we get it.
Being a woman: global reasons why it is cool
- We have great female representatives in the world. Malala Yousafzai is the best example. She is the youngest person to even win the Nobel Prize for Peace. She survived being shot in the head and came back stronger than ever.
- Taylor Swift also had a symbolic victory in court where she sued radio DJ David Mueller. When posing for photos, Swift said he reached under her skirt and grabbed her butt. This resulted in Mueller getting fried from his job. 2 years later, he sued Swift for $3 million for her allegations. Taylor fired back with a $1 suit. Money wasn’t the key factor here, but shedding light on sexual violence. She came out as a victor.
- Pregnant women kicked ass in the recent years. Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot did reshoots for her movie at 5 months pregnant. Beyoncé performed a gravity-defying act at the 2017 Grammy Awards. Serena Williams won the Australian Open when she was pregnant, and nobody even knew!
- If anyone ever says you’re incapable of doing something, prove them wrong. Being a woman is being a fighter, a survivor, a mother, a daughter, a person. We are not victims. We run the world.
Check Out Other Posts Related to Being A Woman: Reasons Why It Is Cool
- Origin Of High Heels | Before Women’s Obsession High Heels For Men Were More Popular
- The History Of Makeup: The Origins And Evolution Of Cosmetics
- Dua Lipa: How IDGAF And New Rules Became Our New Pop Anthems